Thursday, September 11, 2008

Some content

So...I have this blog, but I'm not sure what to post about. This very well could be the most random blog you will ever stumble upon. I keep wanting to create this blog, but am having a block. I often have ideas about what would be cool to write about on a blog...but then I leave it up to others. So now I will try yet again to come up with something interesting, including, but not limited to:
  • skateboarding
  • politics
  • music
  • the whole goddamn world
Skateboarding
This single activity has taken up the biggest block of my free time since the age 13 (besides work, school, eating, sleeping). I'm now going on 31 so that means 18 years of enjoyment, more or less.

Politics
Who the fuck is Sarah Palin?!? Seriously, her nomination is probably the biggest slap in the face to the Obama campaign, and U.S. citizens for that matter, ever. Period. She is the walking talking equivalent of the Republicans saying, "we have such little respect for you all that we now present the worst most least-qualified candidate in history...and...eh hem...fuck you." I just want to mail in my permanent absentee ballot now and bury my head in a hole until after November. Anybody care to join me?

Music
I am the first to admit my taste in music is somewhat narrow, but not that narrow. When I think about it, maybe it's not that limited. I have an opinion and I know what I like. I have been heavily into hip-hop beginning around 1992. My first albums included DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince's Nightmare On My Street cassingle, Dr Dre "The Chronic," MC Serch, Ultramagnetic MCs, Tribe Called Quest, Nas... A pivotal moment in my music life came for my birthday in 1994 when my sister bought me 3 tapes from a mom-n-pop place in Seattle called the Little Record Mart: A Tribe Called Quest Midnight Marauders, Pete Rock and CL Smooth The Main Ingredient, and Brand Nubian Everything Is Everything. At the time I used to ride the bus from my apartment in downtown Seattle 45 minutes each way to/from school at Ingram High. These tapes were in my walkman constantly (along with Black Moon, Nas, and Souls of Mischief). She also gave me concert tickets to see a show with De La Soul, Souls of Mischief, and A Tribe Called Quest. In 1994, is it possible to think of a better hip-hop lineup? Even in 2008 I can't. Thanks sister, I love you!

The whole goddamn world
I don't have anything especially insightful to say about the whole goddamn world other than I'd sure like to see it! So far I've only traveled internationally out of North America once (Spain) and boy did I love it! I've been trying to plan a trip back ever since (2004). I've been to Canada and Mexico a number of times. Baja, MX is the shit.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your views. WTF is Sarah Palin?!? Indeed.

    ReplyDelete