Friday, September 26, 2008

Is there really any debate here? Really?

I already have my DVR set to record the presidential debate tonight. It should be a complete roast of McCain, but who really knows. It seems like a such an absolutely clear choice, but then again, I am fully aware of the "san francisco democrat" bubble I dwell in. I was thinking yesterday about how people could possibly still back McBush and basically it's for the same reasons they always have. The republicans represent a brand: Republican. The Republican brand has been so well defined that it doesn't really matter what's really going. Supporters see the Republican branding and will believe whatever is fed to them (Iraq, immigration, economic relief, tax cuts). They simply trust the establishment so whatever line McBush feeds them they will believe. Kind of reminds me of religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment